Air Purification Systems
Breathe cleaner healthier air after an appointment with the Indoor Air Quality experts at Sears.
Or Call (888) 945-1505
Air Purification Systems Installed by Sears
Indoor Air Quality Quick Facts
- The EPA reports that homes can be up to 2-5 times more polluted than the outdoors
- Air pollution ranks among the top 5 environmental public health concerns
- Air cleaning, purification, and filter products are available
- 90% of colds derive from the indoors
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
The Importance of Indoor Air Quality
According to the EPA, not only do Americans spend nearly 90% of their time indoors, but indoor levels of pollutants can be 2-to-5 times higher than pollutants outdoors.1 The many sources of indoor air pollution including gas, oil, kerosene, tobacco, asbestos, soaked carpet, wood treatment chemicals, hobby-related chemicals, humidifiers, and pesticides, among others.
With so much time spent indoors, Americans are subject to the many respiratory problems associated with the continuous inhalation of harmful airborne particles. Peoples’ moods, diet, anxiety, and sleep patterns can all be impacted by inhaling harmful particles. Likewise, for young children, the risks of breathing contaminated air are even higher because children breathe more air in proportion to their body weight.2
You wouldn’t drink dirty water.
Why would you breathe dirty air?
Breathing is a necessity for survival, but breathing tainted air, just like eating spoiled food, can put your health seriously at risk. While you may associate poor indoor air quality with highly polluted areas, the truth is that nearly all homes have some kind of indoor air quality problem—even if you change your HVAC air filter regularly. The problem is that harmful, microscopic air particles like viruses, bacteria, and allergens pass unseen through your home’s air every day.
These airborne contaminants join with VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) to create a potentially harmful air quality throughout the home. VOCs are gases emitted from certain solids or liquids—things like air fresheners, pesticides, cleaning agents, glues, paint strippers, stoves, fireplaces, heaters. VOCs can be present in the indoors in proportions up to ten times greater than the outdoors. VOCs pose particular health problems for children, the elderly, and those with respiratory problems. To assist in reducing the negative effects of VOCs, consider a whole house air purification unit.
Asthma and Allergies
Allergens are present in homes year round. Allergens are more likely to proliferate in homes where no precautions have been taken to control their dispersion, and in homes that do not invest in professional cleaning proven to reduce allergens. Carpet can act as a trap for allergens, and if not properly maintained and cleaned, your carpeting can release allergens throughout the year. Likewise, your air ducts accumulate several pounds of dust each year, continually recirculating that dust while your HVAC unit runs.
For professional home cleaning that can significantly reduce allergen levels in your home, consider Sears Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning. Our staff of trained, background-checked employees use professional cleaning equipment to rid homes of dust and debris in a way ordinary home cleaning can’t. Whether it’s carpet cleaning you’re interested in, or if you’d like air duct cleaning to rid your ducts of the many pounds of dust that have gathered over the years, the Sears team is on the job.
Air purification products available
HEPA Filtration System
HEPA filtration systems rank among the world’s best air filters.
- Pre-filter: Air passes through a carbon pre-filter that removes dust, pollen, and fiber
- HEPA Filter: Even the finest particles of mold, smoke, and dust are intercepted in the filter’s densely woven strands.
- Carbon Trap: A carbon trap absorbs the VOCs found in gases, fumes, and odors.
- Functionality: All HEPA filters must capture 99.97% of air particles that pass through it to be rated as a HEPA filter by the Department of Energy. The filter is adaptable and can be used to independently or installed to your HVAC unit.
New! Air Defender
- Harnesses Ultraviolet Lights (UV) and Photo Catalytic Oxidation
- Reduces airborne bacteria, viruses, fungi, VOCs, and odors
- Can be affixed to your HVAC unit
- Practically maintenance-free with the inclusion of a limited warranty
- Call for a quote: 866-881-2743
Ultraviolet (UV) Air Cleaner
- UV lights irradiate mold, viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
- Hospitals and laboratories have used UV light for sterilization for years.
- Easily installed on your home’s HVAC system
- Helps prevent the growth of biofilm on evaporation coil
Air Filter – Filters clean the air
in your home and help your
HVAC system work more efficiently.
- Permanent filter: made from durable materials and features an electrostatic charge that assists its filtering capabilities. Easily removed for cleaning each month and has a lifetime warranty. Custom sizes available!
- Pleated filter: Offers greater filtering capabilities than normal paper filters due to its larger surface area, which allows it to trap more dirt and dust particles. Offered in sizes 1″ and 5″ thick, a pleated filter helps purify air traveling through your HVAC unit. Be sure to replace quarterly during the year.