Garage Door Repair, Installation, & Replacement by Sears
Sears Garage Doors
Beauty, style and reliability that’s affordable. Choose from several traditional style doors and build the door that is best for you, your home, and your budget.
- Great Warranties
- Variety of Styles and Colors to choose from
- Customize with decorative Windows & Hardware options
- Free In-Home Estimates
- Financing Available
THE SEARS ADVANTAGE
Things To Know About Garage Doors
Garage Door Opener
The nucleus of any garage door system is its opener. Easily overlooked, garage door openers are highly complex pieces of equipment, often containing dozens of intricate parts that work simultaneously with one another to consistently raise and lower your door. You’ll know that you’re getting the best from Sears as it’s the home to America’s #1 Garage Door Opener Repairs. With multiple options and the ability to consult with a trained garage door opener expert we are certain we have the right opener to meet your needs.
Broken Garage Door Spring?
Garage door springs can break for a variety of reasons. Extreme heat or cold, for instance, can stress the springs to the point of breaking, or it could be that normal wear on older springs could cause them to break. Whatever the situation, a broken spring can render your garage door inoperable. Your door will not be able to open or close when a spring is broken, and you should stand clear of your door until a professional can assess the situation and correct it.
Garage Door Off Track?
Garage doors fall off their track for a variety of reasons: sometimes someone accidentally runs into the door and dislodges it, and on other occasions time and wear have worn down cables and other mechanisms beyond their use. If your garage door has jumped its track, do not attempt to move the door or reset it on your own. Doing so can be dangerous. Every service call from Sears Garage technicians includes a 20-point safety check for your garage door and its mechanisms. During this check, our associates will inspect your garage door system to guarantee it is working as it should. If we spot damaged parts that need replaced or signs of upcoming problems, we’ll advise you on the best way to fix the problem before it becomes more serious. Our safety check confirms that our repair work has been performed well and that there are no lingering problems with your garage door.
Garage & Garage Door Safety
The garage space can have many uses including storage, workshop, bike shop, you name it. But the garage and the garage door can also be quite the safety hazard. Below you will find a list of safety rules you can discuss with your family.
- Keep your garage space neat and organized. A neat and organized garage can prevent tripping or falling. The concrete garage floor can be very painful and damaging in a fall.
- Clearly mark all poisons and flammables and place out of children’s reach. Children can be very curious. Make sure that all paints, pesticides, oils, gas, etc., are clearly marked and in a place where they cannot be reached by a child or spilled by accident.
- Make sure tools and ladders are properly stowed. A ladder should never be left in an upright position. Fold the ladder and hang or place along the side wall of your garage so that it won’t fall on anyone, children will not be enticed to climb on it, and it will not cause someone to fall. Also, make sure all sharp and pointed objects are carefully secured out of reach.
- A garage door is not a toy. While many children find it fun to run beneath the door while in motion, this is very unsafe and children can easily become trapped under the door. Let your family know that they must keep a clear distance from the garage door while it is in motion.
- Call a Sears Garage Solutions professional for garage door maintenance, tune-ups, and spring replacement. Garage Doors that are not properly maintained can be not only a nuisance but also a safety hazard. The torsion springs (located at the top center of the garage door) are under extreme pressure and can cause severe injury if they should snap. A broken spring can also cause the sudden fall of a garage door. Maintain your garage door properly with Sears.